The ESRD Network Coordinating Center (NCC) provides centralized coordination and support for the Medicare ESRD Network Program.
New Patient Orientation Packet
New End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) patients receive an information packet in the mail from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) which is distributed by the ESRD Network Coordinating Center. The mailing contains resources to help new dialysis and transplant patients manage their care and understand the benefits available to them.
The materials also are available on this website for download. Most are available in Spanish as well as English.
- A cover letter from Medicare describing the content of the mailing: A letter from the patient's Network Executive Director
- Medicare Coverage of Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Services a booklet from CMS describing Medicare services for ESRD patients
- 2013 Cost Updates & Corrections, an update to the CMS booklet on Medicare coverage
- Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis, a booklet from CMS to help dialysis patients cope with emergencies that affect their treatment
- You Can Live, a guide for living with kidney failure including making treatments better and living a healthier lifestyle, from CMS
- National Kidney Foundation Postcard to join the organization and receive free information
- Dialysis Facility Compare, which explains how to use the CMS online Dialysis Facility Compare tool to find a dialysis center that meets your specific needs
- Vascular Access, a flyer explaining the different means of accessing your blood for hemodialysis and the advantages and disadvantages of each, from Fistula First
- Medicare for Children with ESRD, a brochure from CMS explaining services for children with permanent kidney failure
- Prepárese para Emergencias: Una guía para personas en dialysis
- La Cobertura Medicare de los Servicios de Diálisis Renal y Trasplante de Riñón
- Cobertura de Medicare para los Servicios de Diálisis Renal y Trasplante de Riñón Correcciones y Actualizaciones para 2013
- Acceso Vascular para Hemodiálisis, su linea de vida para hemodialysis
- Usted Puede Vivir: Su Guía para Vivir con Insuficiencia Renal, para CMS
- Comparar los Centros de Diálisis