The ESRD Network Coordinating Center (NCC) provides centralized coordination and support for the Medicare ESRD Network Program.
New Patient Orientation Packet
Since 2003, all new ESRD patients have received packets containing orientation materials relative to their plan of care. The New ESRD Patient Orientation Packets (NEPOPs) are distributed through a collaborative effort among the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the Networks, and the Network Coordinating Center (NCC). In 2011, the NCC distributed more than 108,000 NEPOPs.
Once an ESRD Medical Evidence Report Form (Form CMS-2728) is entered into the Network data system for a new patient, a NEPOP is mailed to the patient’s residence.
The NEPOP mailing includes the following resources:
- A Medicare beneficiary letter from the CMS administrator
- A letter from the patient's Network Executive Director
- "Medicare Coverage of Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Services" (CMS booklet)
- "Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis" (CMS booklet)
- "You Can Live" (CMS booklet)
- "Join Us: We Can Help" (National Kidney Foundation [NKF] brochure)
- "Dialysis Facility Compare" (CMS Brochure)
- "Vascular Access Flyer" (Fistula First Breakthrough Initiative Flyer)
In addition to the materials included in the NEPOP, we also have the following electronic files available for download:
Spanish NEPOP MaterialsThe Spanish NEPOP mailing includes the following resources:
Preparing for Emergencies: A Guide for People on Dialysis
Medicare Coverage of Kidney Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Services
Vascular Access Flyer - Fistula First Breakthrough Initiative
You Can Live: Your Guide for Living with Kidney Failure
Dialysis Facility Compare
Lo Que Necesita Saber Sobre la Urinalisis> (NKF Brochure)
What you need to know about Urinalisis