The ESRD Network Coordinating Center (NCC) provides centralized coordination and support for the Medicare ESRD Network Program.
National Kidney FoundationThe National Kidney Foundation is the leading organization in the U.S. dedicated to the awareness, prevention and treatment of kidney disease for hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, millions of patients and their families, and tens of millions of Americans at risk. Founded in 1950, the NKF works to secure the highest quality treatment for individuals experiencing kidney disease, promotes research to advance kidney care and builds awareness of kidney disease among at-risk individuals.
The NKF has a number of resources for patients, family members and caregivers, including:
- NKF Cares, their Patient Information Help Line, available in English and Spanish, at 1-855-NKF-CARES (1-855-653-2273)
- Peers Support, a national, telephone-based peer support program
- Ask the Doctor, questions and answers about kidney disease
- Kidney Kitchen recipes for kidney disease friendly cooking
- Kidney Living, their free magazine for dialysis patients
The ESRD NCC also provides resources within the in the national New ESRD Patient Orientation Packet (NEPOP) new patient mailing.