Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET.
Bringing Patients Home | View Recording
Presenter: Shannon L. Cook, RN
Biography: Ms. Cook is the interim home therapy director of operations at Fresenius Kidney Care in Phoenix, Arizona.
- Share best practices that increase patients' awareness of and interest in home dialysis.
- Review education strategies that build and/or strengthen relationships between staff and patients to overcome barriers.
- Describe patient-centered activities that identify gaps between patients' goals and current quality of life.
- Discuss strategies for overcoming barriers that impact a patient's perceived suitability for home modalities.
- Share approaches that decrease home admission wait time through collaboration between regional home programs.