Wednesday, August 22, 2018, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. ET.
Managing Patients' Psychological Challenges at Dialysis | View Recording
Presenter: Kristin Kuntz, PhD
Biography: Dr. Kuntz is a clinical assistant professor of psychiatry and the transplant psychologist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio.
- Identify the psychological challenges of dialysis.
- Highlight incidents that can frustrate and traumatize dialysis patients.
- Define elements that can contribute to manifestations of anxiety and depression.
- Discuss risk factors for violence at dialysis.
- Examine interventions to support patients' mental health.
- Understand how to talk to patients about psychotherapy.