Welcome to the Patient Grant Library. Here you will find information on funding sources to support ideas for education, advocacy, and/or helping others living with kidney disease. Grants may be given for things big or small. They can pay for unique or creative project ideas or for basic needs.
There are grants and fundraising options that apply to all kinds of people and projects.
If you’ve never applied for a grant before, don’t worry. It’s not hard, and there are many resources to help you. The Patient Grant Library has links to trusted sources that will help you write a proposal, create a budget, and complete an application. There are also ideas for different types of funding sources, from traditional grants to new options like crowdfunding and social media.
Be sure to visit the Fraud Awareness webpage during your search. There you can take a tutorial on the basics of Internet terms and website navigation to make finding online resources easier. And, if you know of resources that would be helpful to others, please email us at NCCinfo@hsag.com.
COVID-19 creates unique challenges for people on dialysis or living with a transplant. This section of the Patient Grant Library shares grant and support service resources for COVID-19. This includes emergency financial services. Please visit this page often. Speak with your social worker if you have any questions.
Below is a listing of organizations offering help in light of COVID-19. This list gives information to help you search for support. The ESRD NCC continues to look for more resources. This page will be updated when new resources are found.
- American Kidney Fund Coronavirus Emergency Fund
- Artist Relief
- Art Administrators of Color
- Authors League Fund
- COVID-19 Funding Sources
- The Brave of Heart Fund—This fund provides financial support to families of healthcare workers who lose their lives to COVID-19.
- Frontline Families Scholarship Fund—This fund provides educational assistance to the surviving family members of frontline healthcare workers and volunteers who lost their lives to COVID-19.
- Lowe's LISC Partnership—This opportunity awards grants to small business owners in rural locations across the country.
- COVID-19 Emergency Fund for Journalists
- COVID-19 Fund HealthWell Foundation
- Eligibility—Behind the Scenes
- Emergency Food Assistance Program
- Emergency Boarding Grants—Red Rover
- Grant Watch: COVID-19
- Grant Space
- Grant Station
- National Organization of Rare Diseases
- Office of Family Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Eligibility
- Women's Business Enterprise National Council
- PAN Foundation
Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Program Grants
Do you need disaster relief emergency grants? Click below to visit the Kidney Community Emergency Response (KCER) Program for those resources.
New! Emergency Grant Request
If you are a patient, this Quick Start to Submitting an Emergency Grant Request (PDF) resource will help you prepare to submit an application for an Emergency Grant. Social workers are invited to use this resource when working with patients during the grant submission process.
Disclaimer: The NCC encourages you to use these resources. Please seek professional advice concerning your personal finances. Patient Grant Library external links are provided for informational purposes only; the ESRD NCC does not endorse or approve products, services, or opinions represented by the organization or individuals in external links. The ESRD NCC is not responsible for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.